Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dragging windows in Cubasis: Molasses...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by thwackless, Mar 27, 2004.

1. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    When I drag a feature's window in Cubasis (transport bar, any item within "Inspector" window, etc), the little grabber hand appears, and drags- but the movement immediately becomes "stop-time": the item is dragged in a labored, low-resolution manner that makes it impossible for me to put the item where I want it to land. Is this a problem with my installation (though all else seems to be fine), or... what?

I'm running a 2 Ghz Celeron at a 200 front-side bus, w/ 256 MB of 266 DDR RAM, 7200 rpm hard drive, 34 GB left free on the drive. Shouldn't this be enough to handle this program?

Note: I'm also using CEP 2.0, which uses WDM drivers as opposed to Cubasis, which uses ASIO. Could I have incurred a problem between the two sets of drivers?

Thanks for your time and input in advance,

Rog.

2. I have no idea what that program is, but it sounds like a problem with your graphics card. I think it can't handle it (sounds like a low framerate to me). What do you have?

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I use Cubase, not Cubasis, and I've never had that problem (PIII 800), in any case it's not an ASIO or WDM issue. Problems could only arise if several programs use the same driver (e.g. ASIO) and the driver is not multiclient-capable.

It might be a program issue, do you already run Cubasis 5?

4. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    It's the software the mouse came with. It's a "Tech" something or other, and I got it at Benny's for $6 and change! I uninstalled the software, and now it's fine. Sorry to be a bother over a little mouse, I'll just go ahead and climb down off this stool now... :p

By the way, I got Cubasis with the Tascam US-428, v3.6. I don't know what that means as far as the version of Cubasis, but there are no more issues far as I can tell.

Thanks,
    Rog.

5. thwackless

thwackless

Nov 24, 2003
    Smithfield, RI
    Using AGP graphics card (since you ask), and running Celeron 2 Ghz w/ 256 DDR RAM at 200 front-side bus... 40 GB drive, 7200 rpm, etc... a guy made it for me. Motherboard is totally upgradeable, which is fun since I'm heading towards doing video too. We're having some fun with this home-made rocket!

Rog.