1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drum Loops

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by MrCarbohydrate, Mar 19, 2009.

1. MrCarbohydrate

MrCarbohydrate

Mar 19, 2009
    Hello, all,

I'm new to this site, and I've been trying to search for this topic but with no success. Apologies if it's a re-post of some sort.

Can anyone recommend a good piece of software or website with some decent drum loops for me to practice with? I've been trying for ages, and I'm seriously considering buying the Roland Microcube Bass RX simply for the built-in beats it has.

However, I would much prefer to stick to the amp I have and use some software I can manipulate once I have a beat practiced to death, or a website with many different choices.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. MrCarbohydrate

MrCarbohydrate

Mar 19, 2009
    Oops, just adding to my saved lists... :meh:

3. Steve!

Steve!

Nov 5, 2008
    Those would be great for bass playing videos too. Thanks!

4. Bondtana

Bondtana

May 9, 2008
    I'd have to do some research for specifics, but I am sure there are some hip hop production sites with open drum breaks for download. I have a ton of them that I have collected over the years. I'll just loop up some classics and play along with Bernard Purdie, Clyde Stubblefield etc.

5. http://www.rinki.net/pekka/monkey/

This is a java-based program I believe. There are a few standard beats, but you can make your own as well. Being a former drummer, I really like this one. And it's free. There are also many beats that others have created and uploaded, some are really cool.

Wow, my first post I get to help! Sweet!

Also, great forum and hello to all.