Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drum machine recommendations

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by tbone0813, Oct 28, 2005.

1. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    Santa Clause will be deilivering me a new drum machine for Christmas. Which one is up to you guys. I am looking for recommendations on one under $200. Realism is important. I heard there are a lot of them that sound really electronic. It's basically for rhythm & time practicing. Also to help me learn to play in different styles so it needs a good variety of Samba, Regggae, Rock, Country, etc beats/rhythms. Suggestions please?????? :bassist:

2. pil

pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    Zoom are pretty good, and cheap! I got the RT-123? off ebay. Super realistic sounds but ive read the manual a hundred times and still cant work certain bit's to do with recording.

It's meant to be really easy? Oh well, i talked a mate into playing drums now anyway :D

But yeah, i was recommended zoom on here :)

3. +1 on the Zoom. I have a MRT-3 that I like alot. Sounds excellent and they can be had new for just under $100. To my ears it sounds much more realistic than the more expensive Boss machines.

4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    For $200, you could get a ZOOM PS-04... programmable drum machine plus a digital 4 track. I love mine.