Drum machine recommendations

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by tbone0813, Oct 28, 2005.

1. tbone0813

tbone0813 The faithless say farewell when the road darkens.

Aug 6, 2005
    Grand Prairie, TX.
    Santa Clause will be deilivering me a new drum machine for Christmas. Which one is up to you guys. I am looking for recommendations on one under $200. Realism is important. I heard there are a lot of them that sound really electronic. It's basically for rhythm & time practicing. Also to help me learn to play in different styles so it needs a good variety of Samba, Regggae, Rock, Country, etc beats/rhythms. Suggestions please?????? :bassist:
  2. pil

Feb 17, 2005
    Pimlico, UK
    Zoom are pretty good, and cheap! I got the RT-123? off ebay. Super realistic sounds but ive read the manual a hundred times and still cant work certain bit's to do with recording.

It's meant to be really easy? Oh well, i talked a mate into playing drums now anyway :D

But yeah, i was recommended zoom on here :)
  3. +1 on the Zoom. I have a MRT-3 that I like alot. Sounds excellent and they can be had new for just under $100. To my ears it sounds much more realistic than the more expensive Boss machines.
  4. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    For $200, you could get a ZOOM PS-04... programmable drum machine plus a digital 4 track. I love mine.