Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DS-1?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by johans, Dec 22, 2004.

1. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    guys,

any of you used Bos DS-1 for your bass? how does it sounds? im looking for an overdrive/distortion pedal, i dont need very very strong distortion, just a mild one is fine, will DS-1 do the work for my bass?

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    IME, it doesn't really cut through the mix. Give a shot if you want, but you will probably get better results elsewhere.

3. I tried an SD-1 for a few weeks (OK a couple of months) But found it to have too little bass and way too much mids, that are uncontrollable.

4. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    thanks for the response ..
    otherwise
    any recommendation for bass overdrive/distortion
    that doesnt cost that much.. ?:)

5. johans

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
  6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    If you want to go the Boss route, there's the ODB-1. Personally I get a good result with the EHX Double Muff. HAO Rust Ride looks intriguing, but I haven't tried it personally, so I can't give you any firsthand reports. If you can find a good dealer, go in on a quiet day and just try everything, and remember that what sounds good solo, might not sound good with a band. If you can convince a store that you are serious about buying, you might be able to convince them to let you rent it for a bit to try it with your band.

7. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I use a vintage DS-1 for home recording but never live, its actualy a first gen DS-1 so it sounds and "is" different than the new ones... But for a recording overdrive bass tone its great...

Alex