1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Duck Dunn strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by phangtonpower, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I know he used Labellas when he was with Booker T, but I was wondering what gauge. Did they only have the 760m's back then? A lot of people say that 760m's aren't really a good match for Jazzes, but his P had a Jazz neck and as wondering how his neck held up.

2. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I don't think he ever had neck problems- he definitely used the 760M set.

I had a set on my '73 J for years, no problems there, either.

One some Fenders you can see the tension from them pulling the neck forward right at the headstock- I wouldn't leave them on a neck like this for too long myself.

3. Thanks one drop! I have the FM's on my jazz. Love them, but I think the tension is a little much :/ Guess I have to put the FL's back on.

4. Deaky

Deaky

Oct 24, 2006
    I have the LaBella 1954 vintage set on my p bass and the sound is just amazing.
    I have also got a medium gauge set of LaBella flats on another Precision and lastly a set of 760fl on another Precision!

The strings are amazing both in sound and feel.

5. I have the 760m set on my Jackson C20. I haven't noticed any neck issues but I tune a half step down to be fair. Just watch out, I broke the nut at the E string putting them on. Doh!