DVD's about slap

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Thurisarz, May 10, 2005.

1. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Since my bass teachers in school know nothing about slap and similar techniques i'm thinking of getting some dvd's. I found 2 dvd's that looks interesting and have an ok pricetag:

New dimensions for bass feat. Doug Wimbish
    Slap bass: The ultimate guide feat. Ed Friedland

Are they ok or just something to waste money on?
  2. Bob Rogers

Bob Rogers Left is Right

Feb 26, 2005
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    Ed Freidland's DVD is the best instructional DVD I've seen. It is well thought out, well filmed, and well organized. Explanations are clear. Navigation is a snap. I'm not very interested in slap, so I picked it up just to get some ideas. It's a shame that more instruction materials are not of this quality.
  3. Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    True, anything by Ed Friedland is great stuff, he really puts out the good instructional stuff.
  4. Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Since i'm not much into slapping i went with the Doug Wimbish DVD, unfortunately they didn't had it in stock at the local store so they had to order it from the UK so i have to wait a month for it.

If i'm not satisfied with the dvd, i'm definetly checking out that Ed friedland dvd :)

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    I did a search for "slap dvd" and found 7 pages of information, recommedations, etc....I'll bet you'll find some good stuff...

(the search function is a great tool...lots of great advice)