eBay bidding question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 16, 2006.

1. So I'm selling my guitar on eBay and there are seven hours left in the auction as of when I post this. I have one bid that's below reserve...but I have twelve people watching it.

When does the hardcore bidding action begin? With an hour left? 30 minutes? 15?
  2. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    It's a crapshoot sometimes. I have seen major bidding wars within the last 15 minutes. Sometimes bidders will start an hour or so early, but it gets really hectic in the last 15 if people want what you have.

With 12 watchers, that's a good sign.

The key to selling on EBay is posting a bunch of clear pics. If you have a place that host these pics, then it's a matter of linking to those pics within the description. It takes knowledge of HTML to be able to build a decent Ebay description complete with outside-linked pics.

IMO, EBay charges too much for uploading multiple pics.
  3. need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Sometimes it can be within the last few seconds of the auction. It's really hard to judge if you are going to get the bids or not.

Best case scenario is when the bidding starts early though because it drives the price up in the end. Although it looks like yours is the only guitar of that model on ebay, you could get lucky and see a bunch of bids. But it could also end up the opposite of that.
  4. generally look to the last 4-5 minutes
  5. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    12 watchers is good. I have seen them drop off towards the end on my auctions but the serious will stay. Some just watch. some may have or want to sell a like item. Usually it ,as said, comes down to the last few minutes. I have learned to end my auctions on saturday or sunday night. I've had better results and more bids during the last hours when it ends on a weekend night.
  6. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I have had multiple auctions where most of the activity happened in the Final Minute.
  7. Well, there are 90 minutes left and it's above my reserve price but below the "Buy It Now." I love these strange increments in which people bid--as I type this, it's at $288.53. :rolleyes:
  8. why would someone bid above the BIN price? ;)
  9. Hmm, I think I forgot to turn on Buy It Now on the listing! Oh well.