Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ebay Jaeger

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Ike Harris, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    I'm waffling over whether to bid on this bass as a possible little jazz box. It will be cheap enough to get where it sits now, but the repairs and refinishing look a little much down the line. There are several cracks but they don't seem to be in critical pressure places, and I just noticed the FB alignment is pretty off with the F holes. I seem to find something new every time I look at it. I'm sure I'll find more in person. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7361783875&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:US:1
    Ike

2. jmpiwonka

jmpiwonka

Jun 11, 2002
    if i lived close to that i'd be really tempted to try to pick it up for cheap. it has a nice back and sides.

3. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Wow, somebody should jump on this-these are good basses! Not too many cracks, although the upper bass side table crack looks like it may be flirting with the bassbar. Hopefully someone will strip off that fecal varnish cuz this Herold has killer wood.

4. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Just relooked at the alignment and the bridge is way skewed but the board looks relatively centered given what you can tell from a slightly angled pic.

5. That looks like a great project...great wood underneath that brown paint/varnish. I'd love to bid on it but...too many irons in the fire. Someone should though.

6. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Yeah, I see what you mean. I rechecked the image at the top and the FB is sitting more evenly spaced with the bridge being both badly made and sitting off center. I dunno, we'll see how the bidding plays out.

Ike

7. Sold for $1025 to Komfedboy?. Seems like a great deal!

8. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    That was a very last second bid. I got a couple in there but just couldn't justify over 900. Too many other things to fund at the moment.

Ike