Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EBS Micro Bass II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ogar, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Hello there
    I've been lusting for a EBS Micro Bass II preamp for a while, but cannot find any references. Can someone of you folks share your experience with this unit? Thanks alot!

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I think its a nice unit. Good sounding preamp, and all of the features that I want. Cheers.

3. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    For me it's quite the same than HD350 preamp.
    Very cool, very clean. Lots of intresting controls.

EBS will launch a new pedal preamp this year. It will be a tube preamp very fafner like.

4. How is the DI on this unit compared to high end DIs (U5, Radial etc.)

5. Jackbass

Jackbass

Dec 19, 2003
    Paris (FRANCE)
    I don't know those Hi end DIs but the EBS one is very professionnal!

6. basspete

basspete

Sep 7, 2002
    I also like the EBS compared to my DI out on my laney and warwick combos i like it better but never tried a highend one i realy like to get the tube preamp EBS will produce

7. Thanks!
    I've just ordered one, so I'll share my feelings in a few days.

8. BTW, any comparison between Micro Bass II and Sansamp BDI?

9. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    I had Brooklyn Gear send me out one last year to try. I thought it was very dead sounding. For me. It was so Hi-Fi that it just didn't have a life to me.

They are very expenisve too. I was amazed when I got it because for what it cost I expected to be blown away. I was disappointed to say the least.

I A/B it with the SansAmp BDDI and in my opinion the SansAmp ate the Microbass for lunch and dinner!

The Microbass does not have any tube warmth to it at all. Even if I want Hi-Fi thing I'd go with the SansAmp Para Driver or the Acoustic DI. Both great for bass and Hi-Fi'ish.

I am currently using the new SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver on my pedalboard and it sounds great and give me access to three presets. And at a street price of $10 more than the old BDDI you can't go wrong.

[​IMG]