1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ed support group.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilser, Mar 6, 2008.

1. come on! I know you're out there! you, like me, have been discriminated against for years for not being like everyone else. All these other guys working with their big fancy behemoths while we're stuck with a less than satisfactory experience that barely gets the work done (if ever!).

Let's join forces and support each other! come on, guys! let's do it. This is THE ED SUPPORT GROUP FOR UNIX PROGRAMMERS. We don't want Notepad or any fancy graphics editors! Not even Vi or Emacs will do! WE'RE OK WITH ED!

Code:
    $ ed
    a
    ed is hard
    w edsuppt.txt

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    real_programmers.

3. Depending on which server I'm on, I'll use either Xcoral, Xemacs, or a freeware editor called "ne".

4. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Thanks guys, your support means so much to me..

5. hey, noob question:

Is there any online verbage about practical applications/tutorials/guides on how to use terminal in mac? I know that is very powerful if used correctly, but I just don't even know where to start. My experience with it is basically jumping onto emacs from bash, and then playing a couple little games from there. (and watching the ascii star wars) Thanks!

~K

6. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I've got an even n00ber question.

What the hell are we talking about?! Emac sounds like an online McDonalds burger.

7. hahaha, that's made me laugh out loud, which made me feel weird, as I'm all by myself right now.

8. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Are you refering to the size of your junk?

9. Hmmm, I thought this thread was gonna be about erectile dysfunction....to which I was gonna say

"you poor thing, what's that like?" :smug:

10. Hey K,
    The mac terminal is nothing more than a unix bash shell. There are many tutorials on bash, sh and ksh all of which apply here. If you're not unix inclined it may be too much for you since it is a unix console (OSX has a unix kernel running behind all this nice graphics).

11. I wouldn't know anything about that either ...I don't even know what the term means :D

12. Poor thing is in denial. :smug: