Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eddie Jackson (queensryche)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Wildside, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Wildside

Wildside

Jan 12, 2004
    theater of pain
    any queensryche fans in here? I hear a lot of myung/dream theater talk here but not much about the ryche. I think eddie jackson did an incredible job of navigating some complicated songs and still making things rock very hard. He was polished without being too polished, a great rock bass player in my opinion.

2. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I think that's a great way to describe Edbass, and I should really list him as one of my influences. Mindcrime and Empire are two albums I truly cut my teeth on - learned every song, every riff... I studied them, and it was wonderful ear training.

I just replaced my old CDs with the new remasters from the EP to Promised Land, and the sound quality increase is noticeable, especially on the older material (Warning, Rage and Mindcrime sound great). Eddie's classic Spector sound is also in full swing, as well as some beauty fretless parts on PL, which I think is one of the underrated albums of the 90's.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    ^ Check out the av! EdBass totally rocks.
    I've seen Queensryche 13 times since they did their first headlining tour. He's got one of the best bass tones I have ever heard. Courtesy of GK heads, Spector and Lull basses, and a wonderful little unit by SansAmp called a PSA. (I think that's the name of the unit).

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Eddie is the man!! :hyper:

His bass playing is always tasteful and completely locked in with the drummer. Great dynamics, groove and sense of melody..... and I love his Spector tone on Mindcrime & Empire!! :D

I've been trying to get his sound for a while and finally have it with my Spectors through my new Tech 21 (SansAmp) Landmark Head. Luffly! :bassist: