1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden 410XLT Replacement Speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mharris, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    I'm needing to replace the speakers in my 410XLT and I contacted Eden about which speakers I need. They told me the speakers are the USM-EC1060XL4E which they told me were 220 dollars each and gave me a number to order from. I looked around online a bit to see if I could find another, less expensive, supplier. I did, and I'm wondering I anyone has any experience with these guys. They sell the same speakers for 139.83 each which is a way better deal.

Here is the link: http://www.badaax.com/p-41313-eden-ec1060xl4e-10-speaker.aspx

What do you guys think. Does it seem legit?

2. Why replacement??

3. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    Because at one point I was being stupid and I started frying up the coils (or something like that. I'm not the most tech savvy guy) -- smoke coming from the cabinet, and ever since it just sounds like crap. I talked with a well respected sound guy in town about it and he told me it was probably the coils and to just replace them when they go out completely. Most gigs I go direct from my head but I like having my cab produce the sound it should. It still works but it just sounds terrible to my ears.

4. Ahaha lol !!! U rock !!!

5. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    That's what I was thinking. Until I started smellin something funny and looking over at my cab/barbecue. Too many wild effects + crazy loud guitar player = lesson learned.

6. Ahahaha u're very funny dude, barbecue !!!!

7. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    $139 x 4 is about $560. You could pick up a used d410xlt for less than that.

8. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    True. I could. The problem is I live in Montana and there are hardly any around that I can check out. It's mostly waiting on eBay. Which is where I picked up my current one. I figure I could buy a used one for around that price or just replace the speakers and have it be like new, safe with the knowledge that these speakers have never been abused.

The thing in question is the retailer. I find it strange that it's the only other place I can find those speakers aside from Eden themselves and the price is about 80 less per speaker. Hmm. Too good to be true?

9. A retailer does not have to sell at suggested list. The factory will.

10. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    Right, but only one company selling them?

11. Pay by CC so you can dispute and reverse the charge if not as listed. Would you rather no one sells below list?
    If you have a debit card you can process as CC if it has a VISA or Mastercard logo.

12. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    Of course I'd rather someone sell below list. My fear was exactly the possibility that you described: it wouldn't be as listed. I'm strongly considering doing what you advise if I can't find a good used one soon.

13. Rockin Mike

Rockin Mike

May 27, 2011
    They're pretty durable as you have experienced. You had to throw a ton of heavily clipped signal at them to fry them. A used one is probably fine unless someone intentionally tried to blow it up.

14. This guy roooockckckckckkck !!!

15. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    No dude. You rock.

16. jimmys15

jimmys15

Nov 7, 2012
    You should be able a to find a place that can re-cone these for less then 1/2 the cost of new. Most pro audio places either re-cone there own drivers or have somebody do it for them locally. If you can't find a place in Missoula try Bozeman or Great Falls.

17. p5string

p5string

Aug 21, 2004
    Webster, NY
  18. GRollins

GRollins

Sep 5, 2012
    I would be highly skeptical of the badaax drivers being the "same" as the Eden parts. I started a thread a month or two ago after having a guy try to sell me a D210XLT with mismatched (one 4 Ohm, one 8 Ohm), destroyed drivers. I passed on the cabinet, but just for fun, I contacted Eden and was told that they no longer recone drivers and that they don't sell the parts for reconing. I don't believe they wholesale their drivers for others to retail, either.
    Reconing with other-than-Eden cones will give you a functioning driver, but the specs will almost certainly be different--as a result, you'll have unpredictable response.
    You've got options, but returning the cabinet to spec will be expensive. Your choice.

Grey

19. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I have an Eden XLT-410 I am considering selling since I am in the process of downsizing my rig. PM me if you are interested.