1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden CXC112/ WT330

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by smurfy27, Mar 29, 2009.

1. smurfy27

smurfy27

Jan 30, 2009
    Anybody have any experience with removing the WT330 head from the CXC112? (or any of the CXC amps for that matter)

2. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    Just undo the screws on the top and the head slides right out, it is a complete WT330 (not missing the top cover like most often is the case on combo's).

3. smurfy27

smurfy27

Jan 30, 2009
    did you do this with a CXC112 or a different one? cause i think the 110 version is slightly different this way so some of the other models may be different too?

4. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    No difference in any of the Eden combo's.

5. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    I did it on a CXC110. But I'll warn you ... it's a h#!! of a lot easier to remove the head than to get it back in and properly aligned. Also, there are these weird little nuts that are barely glued in place inside the housing of the WT330, and when I took mine out of the combo, they all fell out of place. Great. I had to take the casing apart to find them, and was going to glue them back in place. Then I lost them. Great.

Eventually I sold the head separately, and now just have the airhead cab sitting around gathering dust, disassembled because I was going to throw a different driver in there.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Just be careful if you actually want to reassemble the combo at some point.

Cheers,
    Liam

6. Yeah, those round threaded nuts were just press fit. I soldered them in when they fell out after pulling the head from combo. The Time Traver 330/405 is a fully encased head.

7. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I took one out of a cxc110. no problem. putting back in was not too bad either.