SOLD Eden World Tour WT-800 B

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jakelly, Feb 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jakelly

jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    Price:
    $630
    $630 negotiable, don't need any trades though. Price includes well-packed secure economy shipping to lower 48 states. Included with head is the power cord and two extra tubes, nothing else.

I'm the second owner, and the only reason I'm selling it is that I really don't need it. I use a QSC PLX1804 and Aguilar Tone Hammer for a preamp, and that is pretty much all the rig I need in my cover band. The only way I have ever used the amp is to go straight into a single 4 ohm cab. I've never bridged it or used the built-in D.I.
    Eden World Tour WT-800 and I believe this is the "B" model. Works and sounds good. The fan comes on after the amp is warmed up. The outside of the amp shows normal scratches and wear, mostly on the edges, the worst being a ding on the lower left corner of the faceplate (pictured). The inside of the amp looks great and looks like it has never been damaged, and there are no bad electrical smells. I don't think the amp has ever been pushed super hard. I installed a vintage USA-made 12AX7A in it and I believe it idles quieter than the Ruby Tubes 12AX7 that was in it when I got it, but I will include the Ruby plus an extra used Mesa branded 12AX7 so you can have spares.
    wt1.jpg

View attachment 2922858
    wt3.jpg
    wt4.jpg
    wt5.jpg

Attached Files:

• wt2.jpg
      wt2.jpg
      File size:
      286.5 KB
      Views:
    • wt6.jpg
      wt6.jpg
      File size:
      318.9 KB
      Views:
    • wt9.jpg
      wt9.jpg
      File size:
      287.4 KB
      Views:
    • wt99.jpg
      wt99.jpg
      File size:
      154.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    SteveBass5 and StrangerDanger like this.
  2. Stevevisits

Stevevisits

Dec 23, 2017
    Hey man does this two 2 4ohm cabinets? I have 2 Eden 4 ohm cabinets trying to find the right head lol

3. jakelly

jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    No, I don't think so. It says 4 ohm minimum on the back of the amp.

4. It's a stereo amp. Two power amps. Each side is 4ohm minimum. You can bridge the amp. There have been several versions of the WT-800. Most could only bridge at 8ohms. But newer models could bridge at 4ohms. This will run two 4ohm cabs in stereo, one a side. Or? Four 8ohm cabs. For those nights the guitarist(s) is in your way.

dbsfgyd1 likes this.
  5. Stevevisits

Stevevisits

Dec 23, 2017
    Ok that's what I was told from Eden for wtp900 but wtp600 and almost every other head doesn't seem able to run 2 4ohm cabs and they are Eden cabs! Lol so when you say bridge I'm a little confused what does that mean normally I just click 2ohm button on my other heads. Lol thanks for the info nameless

The Nameless likes this.
  6. jakelly

jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    This one says 8 ohms minimum when bridged. Also, this one says made in China under strict supervision from Eden. This doesn't bother me. I read these are actually very reliable, compared to some of the later U.S. Made ones.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  7. These are great amps! I've owned a ton of Eden amps. WT 500, 600, and 800 are all stereo amps. They will run 4ohms per side. Or, usually, 8ohms bridged. If you have two 4ohm 210xlt cabs, for example, all three heads will run both cabs, one per side.

8. jakelly

jakelly

Nov 8, 2009
    Thanks The Nameless. The head is currently on hold for a member for a couple of days.

The Nameless likes this.
  9. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Mascoutah, IL
    I have an older revision that allows for a 4 ohm bridge load, but since my cabs are 8 ohm, I haven’t run a 4 ohm load. One of my cabs will handle 500 watts, which is fairly close to what the bridge 8 ohm output is, but 2-10s will only move so much air. And from a volume standpoint, there isnt’ a much of difference if I run bridged @ 500 watts or at 300 watts or so on one side with an 8 ohm load.

Two things, A, it’s one heck of an amp, secondly, you are going to love it.

Stevevisits and The Nameless like this.
  10. Stevevisits

Stevevisits

Dec 23, 2017
    Thanks man bought it off him can't wait I have two Eden cabs and had a wtx500 at one time and miss the sound of the Eden heads

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022