eden wt300 enough for epifani ul210?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XRYDER, Dec 28, 2007.

1. XRYDER

XRYDER Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Will an Eden WT300 drive an Epifani UL210 ok, or will it have to work too hard and clip? (I play mid volume americana - no ear blastin' stuff) I know there are other 210 options but I want the quality + lightweight of the Epifani. Thanks

2. RD

RD

Jun 17, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The Eden should be fine with the Epi. The impedence of the epi will probably be 4 or 8 ohms. The Eden would like to see 4 ohms, but will still work with 8 ohms, it just wont be as loud. The amp puts out its full 300 watts into a 4 ohm load. The Eden will put out about 175 watts at 8 ohms.
    The only problem would be if you ran the amp into a load of less than 4 ohms, like with two 4 ohm cab, or a 4 ohm cab and an 8 ohm cab at the same time. Two 8 ohm cabs would be fine.
    RD

3. +1 to the above post. If you know you will never use a second cab, I would recommend the 4ohm version. The UL's are high SPL... doesn't take a lot of watts to open then up.

As I always do when someone considers a 210UL, I recommend the 310UL. It's just a little bigger, less than 10 pounds heavier, and MUCH, MUCH louder. You would never have a problem on medium size and even some larger gigs with the 310UL, and if you get the optional castors, it's one of the easiest schleps out there.. just put the WT300 on top and wheel it into the gig.

However, for your needs, the 4ohm 210UL would probably be fine... and the UL's sound GREAT with the Eden heads IMO.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021