1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden WT800C

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazztonebass, Feb 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. jazztonebass

jazztonebass

Apr 23, 2012
    I see that this amp has dual amps that can be bridged. Will the bridged mode power a single 8 ohm cab and and/or two 8 ohm cabs (4ohm)?

I assume that bridging this amp gets the most out of it? How have folks run this? What are the considerations other than weight?

Is there any truth to the rumors that the "C" series was problematic as compared to the earlier editions?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    From the manual:
    "In Bridge Mode, it delivers 880 Watts @ 8 Ohms and 1100 Watts @ 4 Ohms."

Some players always bridge; some warn against it. Bill Fitzmaurice (for example) has said that bridging should be avoided unless there is not enough voltage swing to drive the cab - which is not common.

Some. Many players are running the new gear, but there have been problems reported. Personally, I gave up on Eden when they started manufacturing in China. In my experience (and opinion), it was at that time that the QC declined.

The folks over at the Eden forum might be of help:
    The Eden Bass Amps Forum - Index

3. jazztonebass

jazztonebass

Apr 23, 2012
    I believe the "C" series were still made in Montrose, Minn. USA?

4. jdthebassman

jdthebassman

Jul 11, 2010
    in my opinion I would stay a way from these I had one that was usa made d series and it clipped all the time not to reliable. I would go with a quilter bass block 800 better tone a 1/4 of the size and weight and you could find one here for $500 or less.

5. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Stamped on the back of the 800C:
    "Designed and engineered by Eden Electronics, USA. Assembled in China..."

Maybe the earlier ones were made in the US...?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018