Edgar Meyer

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by radioodidty, Apr 20, 2004.

1. I can't believe no one has mentioned this guy. I had a master class with him at my college and saw him play with the Orpheus Orchestra. It was amazing, he played his Concerto in D that can be heard on the Meyer Bottesini Concerto's. Then he encored with Pickles, what a great song. I think he is my favorite bassist I've ever seen live.
  2. rashrader

Mar 4, 2004
    Baltimore, MD
    Yeah, Edgar is a great player. Check out his work with Bela Fleck on "Uncommon Ritual".
  3. Quote ( originally posted by RADIOIDIOTDIDIT ):
    "I can't believe no one has mentioned this guy."

You did try the search function, didn´cha?

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

A search on "Edgar Meyer" brings up 143 threads, which mention his name and that's not allowing for mispellings etc.
  5. Sorry you're the one i'm gonna finally blow at......I'm really tired of you guys jumpin' in here and saying things like this!
    Edgar is one of our most taked about bassists. I don't know anybody who doesn't love him......Wake up!!!!
  6. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    ...and smell the coffee...

(just thought i'd finish that for ya Paulie)
  7. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Give him a break - it was 4/20 after all! Let's start at the beginning - there's this link that says 'search' at the top of the screen... but its funny I think E.M was mentioned just yesterday in some thread I think. Man, I don't mean to be rude, but that question was just stupid!
  8. Considering that there was an Edgar Meyer thread opened just a few minutes before this one, I would say that somebody is yanking you guys' chains a little. Worked pretty good I would say.
  9. If I was going to yank a chain, I would hopefully do it better than this....Come on Steve....cut back on the Valium! :oops:
  10. Not valium, I put on a few Kenny G cds and fluff my hair a little bit.
  11. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    BTW, I going to see Edgar tonight in Philadelphia...WOOOHOOO
  12. Is this the tour with Bela Fleck? There'll be in Boulder next week. There was a TV thing on that tour. They play a thing by Edgar that has some runs in it that would give you whip-lash!
    Don....I like your Dragonetti Avatar! Much better!
  13. godoze

Oct 21, 2002

Paul. my sole purpose in life is to please you in the choice of my avatar...;-)

Yes, he will be with herr fleck...
  14. Thank you Darling!
  15. Hey Paul, don't mean to butt in here, uh, let me rephrase that..

Do you have any details on that Boulder show? It's probably too late but I'll be visiting there all next week and would love to catch that. A quick google search didn't produce anything.

Are you jamming anywhere?
  16. I'll check around and let you know...I kinda just got it from the grape vine. It's supposed to be the Boulder Theatre I think.
  18. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    There was a nice peice on Meyer in the NY Times a month or two ago.

I have been a fan ever since I saw him on Austin City Limits with Bela Fleck and Mark O'Connor. I also loved the bass-trio show he did with Ray Brown and Victor Wooten. That was some wild stuff.
  19. Put your ads in the classifieds!
  20. No offense...We have that classified area down at the bottom to sell stuff. Not too cool to do it in your posts...Not fair to other selling folks. If everyone did it, these threads and posts would be full of for sale items. Get it?