Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Edirol PCR-1

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Timbo, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    How yah doin' guys?

Well, I have become interested in home recording. I have recently acquired a copy of Cubase SX and I was thinking about getting an Edirol PCR-1 Midi synth and recording keyboard to use for better sound quality recordings as well as being able to imput drums easily. I have read some reviews and they all seem mostly positive.

But, I believe before I go ahead and buy it I shall put it before the scrutiny of the TB community.

So have it guys. Positive? Negative? Should I buy it? Something better in price range? Etc

Thanks in advance!
    Timbo

2. I've been considering one of these Edirol keyboards too, so I anxiously await the "scrutiny of the TB community".

3. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I have an Edirol PCR-80 keyboard, which I think is in the same "family" more or less. Newer Edirol keyboard controllers (with an "M" in the product designation) have an improved keybed. I don't really have any complaints about it, it gets the job done. It does feel a little mushy compared to the keybed on my Alesis Ion synth though. I had bought this keyboard based on numerous reviews saying that it had the best feeling keybed in its price range, and basing off of other reviews of comparable keyboard controllers from M-Audio and such (which are often said to feel like old cheap Casios), I think I did ok.

4. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    How does the sound quality sound?

5. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) This post reminds me of Austin Powers "Allow myself to introduce....myself"

Sorry, couldn't resist. You can go back to talking keyboards now.

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Ohhh, that I don't know. I just now checked and I now realize the PCR-1 has an audio recording interface (I guess I should have read your original post more carefully. ;) ) My PCR-80 does not; it's strictly a MIDI controller keyboard.

7. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    Oh I see.

Well, I decided I'm going to order it off Musicianfriends.. I mean if I don't like it I can always take advantage of the money back guarantee. :smug:

I'll prolly drop a review in a couple weeks when I get some time to use it + figure out how to take most advantage of its capabilities.