1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effect newbie question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by peterchui23, Aug 18, 2012.

1. peterchui23

peterchui23

Oct 11, 2008
    I used to use my VT bass. Recently I bought a Boss CEB-3 chorus. Should I make it
    Bass - chorus - VT bass - Amp
    Or Bass - VT bass - chorus - Amp ?

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    If you are using the vt as an overdrive, put it first. If you are using it as a tone shaper, put it last. That is strictly my opinion for there us no right answer.

3. peterchui23

peterchui23

Oct 11, 2008
    I use the vt as a tone shaper. So I should put it last to Amp. I have been experimenting both ways in my home practice setup ( just use the pandora with headphone) but found no difference. Not sure if there is significant difference putting them thru real Amp for gig.

4. Simple answer: You have two pedals, corretc? Two minutes swapping one in front of the other and your ears will yield the answer. Now, when you start messing with more complicated signal chains, loopers, and other stuff, then you may want to ask if your ears can't get you the sounds you want. We have a lot of knowledge, but you should be able to answer your own problem fairly quickly.