EHX Silencer vs TC Electronic Sentry noise gate

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by overclockerd, Feb 8, 2017.

1. EHX Silencer

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. TC Electronics Sentry

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. overclockerd

overclockerd

May 10, 2012
    Hello friends!

I would like to get a noise gate/suppresor in order to get rid of the noise/hum that comes from my overdrive pedals. I have watched some videos on youtube and i have read reviews but still i cannot decide. I am hoping that you guys have tried these pedals on bass and that you can give me some information. Is the sentry worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance

2. I went with the EHX and it works great.

3. overclockerd

overclockerd

May 10, 2012
    Thanks for the response!

Has anyone else tried these pedals?

Driven Crane likes this.
  4. overclockerd

overclockerd

May 10, 2012
    Anyone? Also i would like your opinion on Boss NS-2 compared to the other two.

5. RobTheRiot

RobTheRiot

Aug 31, 2016
    las Vegas, nv
    I was wondering if the OP or any talkbassers have used the EHX Silencer, and how it worked for them. I haven't found any reviews pertaining specifically to bass.
    I have a chance to get a great price on one, and was wondering if it's effective at eliminating noise from a pedal chain, while retaining the true, clear voice of the instrument.
    Thanks!

***Hope you guys don't mind me bumping an older thread, just seemed more efficient than starting a new one.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021