1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Small Stone power supply?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ScottB., Mar 28, 2009.

1. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    I know it's 9v but I hear EHX pedals are notorious for having awkward pedal supplies.

Would this pedal be okay with a power supply such as a one spot?

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Just as long as you have 9V and a correct polarity on power supply. I believe the Small Stone is both of those :)

3. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    So it would work?

sorry for my ignorance:)

4. I'm assuming that the Small Stone has the same power requirements as the Small Clone, which I have: a 3.5mm positive tip jack.

In that case, what you need is a 1 Spot Model C35 3.5 millimeter converter cable. You can get them for under $2.50 on eBay. I buy my power cables from this guy (here's a link to a current a auction for the adapter you probably need):

PowerHouse Musical Supply

He has exceptional customer service. Might as well buy a couple to save on shipping in case you get another EXH pedal down the road.

5. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
  6. Azarus

Azarus

Oct 16, 2006
    This is not true. Small Stone has exactly the same power requirements of a Boss pedal: "barrel-type" connector, center negative.

7. Ahh. My bad! Thanks for the correction. I made this assumption because the Small Clone and the Small Stone both use the sample type of enclosure.

8. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    You're fine, thats why were here to ask.

Yes, it should work :)

9. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I may have on lying around (if it's the 1/8'' mini plug type.

10. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    Ah okay thanks for the help guys:)

I'll probably end up buying the package I posted earlier anyway

11. Azarus

Azarus

Oct 16, 2006
    Actually I may be wrong! I spoke thinking about the Nano small stone, which i own, but maybe the regular version has different power requirements.

Sorry for correcting you without being sure.

12. ScottB.

ScottB.

Sep 14, 2008
    "For optimum performance, use a 9V battery, although a 9V 100ma tip-positive AC adapter with an 1/8” plug can also be used (not included)."

I just found this on the EHX page, this would be the 3.55mm plugs in the pack I posted earlier?

13. Yeah, the full NYC version uses the positive tip 1/8 inch adapter, while the nano uses the normal boss center negative barrel.

14. Yep, this kit is exactly what you want. I didn't realize initially that you were in the UK or I wouldn't have posted the eBay link.

Also, the kit you linked to includes the 8-connector cable which is a better value than the 5-connector cable from 1 Spot. I had the 5, then quickly ran out of room with it as my pedalboard started to grow.

What you're getting is a decent starter pack (although you are paying a nominal amount for some connectors you may never use, like the Line 6 connector or the 9-volt battery connector).