Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eight Track Hard Disk Recorders

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FungusHumungous, Feb 19, 2004.

1. I am on the lookout for 8-track recorders(used) as I am in my junior year of HS and because I am looking at music schools(in large universities- NYU, Umiami, Michigan, UCLA, Berklee, etc.) I will be working on my audition tape(CD) which for atleast two schools requires an example of my recording work-I'd like to study production/sound engineering.

So, what are some things I should be looking for in a quality recorder? I know many new ones have drum machines and effects and the sort, but I won't likely be using one and don't want to waste money on a recorder that has something I don't need. Parametric EQ? Lots of XLR? Companies I should be looking at? I have a budget of less than US$400(used)

Thanks, Glenn

PS- If this kind of thing has been posted before let me know. I quickly looked through the rest of the forum and did a search so...

PPS- that 400$ also will prolly include accesories, mics, whatever...

2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    I'll sell you my Boss BR-1180CDR. Works wonderfully, I just need more tracks.