Eight Track Hard Disk Recorders

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FungusHumungous, Feb 19, 2004.

1. I am on the lookout for 8-track recorders(used) as I am in my junior year of HS and because I am looking at music schools(in large universities- NYU, Umiami, Michigan, UCLA, Berklee, etc.) I will be working on my audition tape(CD) which for atleast two schools requires an example of my recording work-I'd like to study production/sound engineering.

So, what are some things I should be looking for in a quality recorder? I know many new ones have drum machines and effects and the sort, but I won't likely be using one and don't want to waste money on a recorder that has something I don't need. Parametric EQ? Lots of XLR? Companies I should be looking at? I have a budget of less than US$400(used)

Thanks, Glenn

PS- If this kind of thing has been posted before let me know. I quickly looked through the rest of the forum and did a search so...

PPS- that 400$ also will prolly include accesories, mics, whatever...
  2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    I'll sell you my Boss BR-1180CDR. Works wonderfully, I just need more tracks.