Electro Harmonix Octave Multiplexer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gkirkin, Jan 22, 2006.

1. gkirkin

May 23, 2005
    Has anybody ever used this pedal with bass, is it effective?? I'm looking for something to thicken up my sound.

I need a quick repsonse, theres something on ebay im looking at.
  2. gkirkin

May 23, 2005
  3. I own one of these, but i'm selling it. Only for the reason that i dont really have a need for an octave.

Its a good sounding, natural analog octave. If you're looking to thicken up your sound i dont think an octave is the way to go. I was originally looking at one for the same reason, to get a real fat, smooth dub tone.

Check out a graphic eq, preamp or maybe a compressor
  4. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Okay I have one from the 70's. It tracks better than most of yer garden variety octavers (tho not 100%). It's bass friendly. Have'nt tried the newer re-issue version.

If you can afford a POG tho....:cool:
  5. I just traded mine today for a BF-2 :)
  6. hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    Chips, i've heard that the octave multiplexor is a pretty "big" pedal (i already have ten stompboxes in my setup), can tou tell me how much it is large (i've got the us bassballs, how does it compares with it?)

thanks for your answer

ps: with the two filter knobs, can we achieve many sounds or just a few?:bassist: :hyper:
  7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I'd still like for someone around here to try the Ampeg SCP-OCT!

Ampeg says: "The SCP-OCT Bass Octave Pedal features the Octave Divider circuit used on the popular SVT-5PRO. This circuit tracks fast and holds the note even at low volumes."

Does anyone at least have an SVT-5PRO, that can tell us how well it works?

8. the EHX octave is rather large. It was bigger then my russian big muff, so it will be bigger the your bassballs... Its very wide aswell...
  9. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
  10. hervetlse

Jan 25, 2002
    france toulouse
    beautifull pedalboard Higgie !!!
    your octave multiplexor seems to be an original, no?

is it the same size as the reissue ---> http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28609&stc=1&d=1138408166

you seem to love enveloppe filters and OD/dist/fuzz like me.
    How does the SB7 compares with the qtron and with the mxr auto Q (i've got the sb7 and i like the autowah but i have no use for synth1 and 2, is it the same for you?

Is it a good idea to sell the sb7 to buy the mxr auto q upon you?

Are you happy with the octave multiplexor? it seems to have many sounds, doesn't it?

Attached Files: