Eli Manning... the "Second Coming"?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Oct 3, 2005.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i was doubtful of sending kurt warner packin', too, but whaddya expect? i'm a Jets fan. :(

but what dy'all think of the little manning? week 4's game against St. Louis wasnt too shabby, and so far, the G men are shedding their normally d-fence heavy leanings to having scored the most points to week 4 in their illustrious (if not recently sketchy) history.

shades of his bro comin' thru?

2. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Far too much football to be played, to make these kind of statements.... one great game, doesnt make a quarterback a hall of famer.
  3. There's no doubt that the talent is there, it's just waiting to be fully realized. That will come in time.

That being said, I think his game is picking up and I'm sure that we'll see some good things from him this year.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Is anyone else watching this and thinking of the possibility that I am?

Colts vs. Giants in the Super Bowl...

...bro vs. bro!!!

...that would be interesting!!!

Who will Archie & Olivia root for??? :confused:
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That matchup or Colts vs. Falcons are the only two SuperBowl options that I can forsee at this time.

If Micheal Vick can remain injury free I think the Falcons will have a much greater chance to be playing on Super Bowl Sunday. Though Schaub isn't too shabby.
  6. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Bengals vs. Falcons are another possibility if they can get through the second half of the season which is just brutal.
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Yeah...that'll happen...just like the Bucs will make the Super Bowl again....

Alarm clock time: Neither the Bengals nor the Bucs have actually played a "quality" team, and until they do and win, I won't take either team too seriously - neither should anyone else!
  8. Giants to the Super Bowl!? :confused:

Please, guys, calm yourselves. They beat the Rams, Cardinals, and the Saints. That's hardly a murderer's row. Their schedule is relatively soft, but their encounter with the Chargers suggests they aren't quite ready for primetime yet. If they were to make the playoffs, I'm pretty sure they'd get sent home rather quickly.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    omg, that'd rock! :hyper:

dammit, voice of reason... :spit:

:D :smug:

10. I agree. But it's not impossible to say that oh, three years from now, they'll both be Super Bowl contenders.
  11. Oh, definitely - they may possibly contend even sooner. People are just getting a little worked up over a team that beat up on three pretty mediocre teams.
  12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hey waitaminit now!

I didn't say it WOULD happen...I didn't even really say it COULD happen...I just brought up the interesting possibility that was presented...

...and please keep calling the Saints "mediocre", and try to convince every other team in the NFL of it. Please. Some of 'em might just buy it and not prepare for them....