1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Elrick Platinum E-volution Thru-Neck 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Freddy-G., May 21, 2011.

1. From the hands of Rob Elrick is this incredible 6 string bass. I've been in awe of it from the minute I laid my eyes on it. I purchased it new from the Atlanta Bass Gallery late last year. The tone is the best I've heard from Bartolini electronics. A modern take on a vintage sound. I play it all the time in my practice room, but I play in a classic rock/blues band, so it doesn't fit the image. Someone needs to play the heck out of it! Condition is mint/perfect. Yep, still like new. The Elrick gig bag is really beefy and high quality.

Top of the line Elrick Platinum Thru-Neck 6
    Curly maple top (gorgeous!)
    Ash body
    Bubinga fretboard
    3 piece maple neck
    35" scale
    Bartolini narrow soapbars
    Bartolini preamp
    Hipshot hardware
    Dunlop strap locks
    approximately 10 lbs. (very comfortable)
    Elrick gig bag

I'll let it go for $2400 shipped in the CONUS.

DSCN0153.

DSCN0152.

DSCN0150.

Oh, happy day!!!!!!

DSC04524.

2. DaveAceofBass

DaveAceofBass Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Scale length?

3. 35". The neck feels very comfortable in my hand. The narrow front to back makes it really easy to play.

4. What if~~ you ship it to Seoul, South Korea?

5. I'll consider it, but I'd rather ship in the CONUS.

6. The maple top is really something to behold. If you look at it up close and move it around at different angles, you'll notice a 3D effect. The grain appears to move and change appearance.

7. The two switches are: active/passive and mid frequency selector.

8. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Wow, she's a looker!

9. Thanks, Jim. You should hear what she sounds like! :bassist:

10. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Is this Vol/Vol or MVol/Pan ?

11. MVol/Pan

12. Kevin W Guin

Kevin W Guin Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    I remember having a long talk with Rob about a possible build. He is a real character and a great builder.

One of my students back in the 90's had a fretless 6 hybrid acoustic/electric that Rob built. Aside from the Bart he used a Shertler for the acoustic sound. Now THAT was a truly amazing bass. You wouldn't believe the Pink Ivory fingerboard. Not like the stuff you see nowadays. It was all swirly with cream and tan and various shades of warmer pink colors. I've never seen anything like that before or since. Unbelievable axe.

Bump for a yummy looking six that I will never get my hands on.

Cheers.

13. Kevin, you're making me want to call Rob for a custom build. That bass you described sounds nice! :bassist:

14. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Beautiful bass Gary! That is indeed a killer top.

Elrick basses have a great feeling neck too.

Bump for a great TB'er!

15. Thanks, Joe. If it doesn't sell, I'll be fine with keeping it! Yeah, the neck is awesome. I know there's some kind of finish there, but it doesn't feel like it. It's VERY smooth. :)

16. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    I know it's crazy (call it a crazy bump I suppose), but are you 1000% sure that's not a pink ivory fretboard? It looks outstanding either way, but if it didn't say cocobolo in the description and i was guessing, I might have put money on pink ivory :)

17. Interesting. :) Jim, I'm not that familiar with pink ivory, but when I was buying the bass, I said to Jim Rubio (Atlanta Bass Gallery) that it looks like cocobolo and he looked at the spec sheet and said yes, it's cocobolo.

I just did a google search for pink ivory and looked at some samples, and they do look very similar. Good eye, Jim! ;)

18. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    Looks like a bubinga board to me. The pink ivory board on my fretless is very pink. Cocobola is usually on the dark side. If u email Rob he might be able to give u the specs on the woods but I'm betting bubinga board.

19. You can buy one of these at Bass Central for $4310. Or you can buy my mint condition Elrick for $2400. ;) :D

20. Took some new photos. Makes me want to keep it. Not for the gorgeous looks. This baby will rock your world! :bassist:

DSCN0191.