1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Embarrassing Boss GT-10B video demo - HUH?????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MOTTOB, Mar 10, 2008.

1. MOTTOB

MOTTOB

Jun 30, 2007
    Syracuse
    Endorsing Artist: Air Bass Customs
    Check out this Boss GT-10B demo video from 2008 Winter NAMM. What the heck is this guy saying about the compressor feature? "I turn up the highs, turn on the compressor and look.... all the highs go away!" :rollno:

What's up with that :confused: :confused: :confused:

I thought this pedal would be a home run because it has a loop station built in (phrase loop feature) but the web site gives no specifications as to the phrase looping capabilities and you can't download the operators manual yet, so I don't know what to think.........

Not a very good demo video IMO :meh:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=942&ParentId=46

You tell me.... What do you think?

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The guy is just a bit hyper.

3. i don't care i want one

sounds Great

4. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I thought the synth patches sounded very nice on that...the guy just didn't exactly know what he was talking about on the compressor part.

5. rams28

rams28

Nov 5, 2007
  6. Ok, so I gather that it's great, arr-sum, great, a great-great system, great, a great thing, really great, great, and it has a great-great-great sound!! Wow... that's great!

Great, a phase sampler! Wow! Even I don't even know what that is! "29 effects, two times!" Um... GREAT, I think!?

Why can't they find someone who can actually do the product justice instead of splicing the genes from a mediocre bass player and an infommercial host?!?

7. MOTTOB

MOTTOB

Jun 30, 2007
    Syracuse
  8. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou

But the have the patent on it!

9. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    I think he's drunk.

10. If he were a salesman, I'd walk away....

11. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    It actually looks pretty cool. A lot of features in one box. I might have to look this up.......

The guys a tool tho......

12. assboglin

assboglin Banned

Jul 13, 2007
    I wasn't very impressed with the sound of the effects.

13. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Luckily the product sells itself. "I could actually put that on a track!" :rollno:

14. MOTTOB

MOTTOB

Jun 30, 2007
    Syracuse
    So after reviewing the ops manual (thanks again Rams) I find the loop station feature to be all but useless. They could have made this board a home run, but they cheaped out.

Only 30 something seconds of (mono) recording time and once the unit is turned off, the saved loops go away.

They could have added an SD card slot for serious memory and given it the features from the RC-20XL, and it would have been a must-have for me.

As it is, just another one of many multi-effect boards for bass. :rollno:

Too bad, Roland, you missed the mark on this one. I won't pay $500 for the RC-50 and the DigiTech Jam Man is a better unit than the RC-20XL for about the same price.

15. CBBass123

CBBass123 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
    and so the critics roll in...:rollno:

Pedal sounds great...but I still have nightmares from tweaking my gt6B. I'll stick to single effects.

16. MOTTOB

MOTTOB

Jun 30, 2007
    Syracuse

You crack me up, Dog. :D This is just what I thought when watching the vid!

17. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004

18. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Haha he talks to us like we're all a bunch of surf punk bass players!

But yeah that synth is intriguing and the wah sounds better.

19. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Actually, they don't want to compete with their own looper.

20. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Sounds really cool to me. Looks easy as anything to use as far as big pedals go, I'm thinking of taking the plunge, selling off most of my stompboxes and getting one. My pedalboard is way too big and heavy anymore.