1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG 45DC replace, pickups with same shape?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lunatic_Pandora, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Lunatic_Pandora

Lunatic_Pandora

Nov 29, 2007
    Hi!!

I want to replace the EMG 45DC pickups on my bass because I have the same pickups on another bass.

At the moment I've found the Bartolini M5 soapbar which have exactly the same shape, do you know more brands with that same shape?

Thank you!!

2. Emg makes other style pickups in that shell. Seymour Duncan makes an active pickup that would be the same envelope. You would have to do new pots per Seymour Duncan convention. Bartolini complicates things unless their pickup is active. You would need to redo pots if you went passive or invest in a preamp tone circuit to stay "active".

3. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    There's quite a number of pickups in that shape. Duncan makes a few, both passive and active. Then there's Kent Armstrong, Delano, I think Villex will make them that size, and I have some that size. Then you have the import brands like Artec, etc.

4. toberoo

toberoo

Mar 9, 2007
    The man above me is being modest and fair. Check out Sgd pickups, they might have exactly what your looking for.

5. If you are after a particular "holy grail" thing tonewise, it strikes me SGD might be a good bet in that understands the holistic picture. I by no means diss Duncan, EMG, Bartolini in saying this. They are far less custom and tailored.