Emg c/s pickups with bqc eq in p-lyte

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Emcinkc, May 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Emcinkc

Emcinkc

Feb 12, 2018
    just got this put together. sounds amazing. The mid control on this eq is great. I can dial in just about any sound I'm looking for. After playing, I realized that I forgot to attach my ground wire (bridge). This thing is dead silent with no ground. Emg plug and play was convenient! I found a body in better shape with the same finish. Couldn't wait for the new body, I had to see how it sounded with new hardware. Not disappointed! I'll make sure to ground it when I swap bodies. 20190514_125108.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    GlassToMouth likes this.
  2. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Did you not read the instructions that EMG provides? They explicitly recommend not grounding the bridge.

birminghambass likes this.
  3. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I had this exact setup on this exact model of bass years ago. The only difference was the color (Gray metallic or similar). It was a fun bass for awhile.

4. Emcinkc

Emcinkc

Feb 12, 2018
    Yes, I did read the instructions. Nowhere in the instructions does it say anything regarding the ground wire. It came with 3 sets of instructions. One for neck pickups, one for bridge pickup, and one for EQ. None of them mention ground wire.

5. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
  6. Emcinkc

Emcinkc

Feb 12, 2018
    All done. Swapped body out today, and refinished the back side of the neck. Lightning fast! My elite is gonna be taking a back seat to this thing for a while! Crazy tonal versatility!

Attached Files:

ctmullins likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022