1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EMG GEEZER B'S BRIDGE GROUND WIRE. WTH CAN I GET EM?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shababy32, Mar 9, 2019.

1. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Hello everyone, I have got an issue that I cannot seem to resolve. I bought some EMG GZR P Bass pickups about 6 months ago. Well, I switched em from a few different basses I had then I put em up because I sold one or two of my basses. Low n behold if I wasnt taking the garbage off one day and sticking out of the dumpster I could tell it was the headstock of a bass. Well, it was a MIM P Bass that had been gutted. Anyway I stripped it, repainted it, new bridge, puckguard, and I decided to put those EMGs in it. Well the bridge grounding wire for those pickups are MIA. I have gone to EMG's website, no luck. I've been to about 5 other websites, no luck.
    Does anybody have any clue where I could get this, or is there a way to do it the old fashioned way with that solderless pickup design?
    Thanks!

2. rwkeating

rwkeating

Oct 1, 2014
    Chicago
    none
    You can just solder any wire onto the pin that the usual push-on wire goes on and solder the other end to the bridge. Were you trying to avoid soldering?

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. codiak

codiak

Mar 16, 2017
    Madison, Wisconsin
    You can email or call their customer service. I’ve done this numerous times and they can send you replacement wires, pots, ground buttons, etc. for free. Alison is who I’ve always talked to.

4. shababy32

shababy32

May 2, 2015
    Thank u so much!