1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available EMG JAX Set (Solderless)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by sheltjo6, Aug 7, 2016.

1. sheltjo6

sheltjo6 Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2012
    California
    Price:
    $140.00
    For Sale: EMG JAX Set
    Price: $140 includes shipping within CONUS.

Includes:
    • Pickups with screws.
    • (2) volume pots (1) active tone pot
    • Cables
    • Battery clip
    • Input jack
    • Instructions
    • Chrome control plate
    EMG only offers a J and JX system for $199.
    I'm offering you a slightly used JAX system for $140 (since there are no knobs or control plate screws).

PayPal is preferred.
    Send me a PM if interested.

Personal Note: Out of all the EMG Jazz Bass Pickups I've tried, I liked these the best.
    They produce an even tone across the frequency spectrum.
    I'm only selling them because I've decided to use passive Nordstrand pickups in my jazz bass.

Trades considered:
    EMG JV52 set
    EMG PJA set (not the x series)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    Are both the pickups the same length (per Spector/Warwick specs for example) or are the different lengths?

3. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    I'll chime in here. @Spfairchild, if you look at the photos of the back of the pups one of 'em says SJAX and the other says LJAX. The S prefix is for "short" and the L prefix is for "long". So they are 2 different sizes. If you're looking for pups for your SSII fiver, you will want to get 2 pickups with the L prefix. ;)

Spfairchild likes this.
  4. Spfairchild

Spfairchild Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Seattle
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, Genzler Amplification, GHS Strings, Tsunami Cables, Sonic Nuance Electronics Contributing Reviewer: Bass Gear Magazine
    A more observant person than me :) Thank you!

bassbooty likes this.