1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG PJX Set

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by peterchui23, May 10, 2010.

1. peterchui23

peterchui23

Oct 11, 2008
    Is there anybody tried to use the EMG PJX ? The web says it provides increased headroom giving the voicing an organic and open tone while still maintaining the clarity and response.

I have a Ibanez SR2000 that was manufactured in 1994, I believe... & the jazz bridge pick up was out of order & I changed it to EMG LJ. So far, it sounds good, but just a bit too "active". Just want to see if the PJX would provide "more passive" tone.

2. jonnymac

jonnymac Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I thought about throwing a set of these in my Spector Euro. I'm curious about them as well. If only EMG posted sound clips on their website.

3. YogaBear

YogaBear

Jul 27, 2009
    I think my dealer has one for me, it took some time to get it here(about half a year).
    I'll update you as fast as possible with a vid.
    Just mail me back in a week haha.

4. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Here'is the JVX, May not be that far of a departure form the PJX.

5. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I'd think they'd be more like the "JX" than the "JVX" but who knows.

6. jonnymac

Apr 23, 2009
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I know its been more than a week..........but did you ever get a chance to check out those pickups?