1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Eminence Upright

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by RW Grigsby, Dec 26, 2016.

1. RW Grigsby

RW Grigsby Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2014
    Price:
    $1600
    Strings:
    Hi, I'm selling my Eminence EUB. It's in good condition, included is a stand, gig bag and flight case. This bass was made in 2000 so it's an early model I suppose. This is the fixed neck model. The original Realist pickup died so I have it outfitted with a k&k bass max which actually sounds really good and gets plenty of volume with zero feedback. Dropping the price....$1600, wow! By the way, this bass sat in the case for almost 20 years and is in almost new condition except for the pickup.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    pogue49 likes this.
  2. Maxcat17

Maxcat17 Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Sacramento, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Fodera
    Hi! Fixed neck?

3. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    Yes, fixed neck.

4. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I love the Howlin' Wolf LP by the bass in one of those photos. You could probably go all Willie Dixon on that bass. I've been keeping the Eminence bass in the back of my mind, I hear great things about them, but don't have the cash to invest in one at this time. GLWTS.

5. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    You can definitely get a warm Dixon sound on the Eminence, it's a little harder to slap because it doesn't have the big body to lean into. All said though it's a very nice sounding bass.

Plutonium244 likes this.
  6. A couple of questions, is it still available, can you ship it and where in California?

7. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Also what is the scale length? Thanks.

8. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    It's a 3/4 scale and I live in Sacramento. I could possibly meet somewhere in N.CA or if you're in the area you could come by and check it out. As far as shipping I'll have to research the costs but it is certainly possible. Thanks

9. Tinman Funk

Tinman Funk

Nov 8, 2016
    Arlington
    Hi, I'm interested in your Eminence bass...would you be willing to ship it to Arlington, WA.?

10. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    Yes if you're willing to pay the shipping.

11. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    Yes, if you're willing to pay shipping, I'll research shipping costs.

12. Tinman Funk

Tinman Funk

Nov 8, 2016
    Arlington
    Okay, let me think about that. I'm also going to do some research on how the build quality is on the older ones vs the newer ones. I only have experience with the newer models and love how those sound. I know that the pickups are different, but that can always be switched out if one wants a different sound. I'm more curious of how they were built in 2000 (overall construction and quality of materials used) vs now. Is there any chance that you could give me an estimate on shipping cost? Thanks for the quick reply!

13. Tinman Funk

Tinman Funk

Nov 8, 2016
    Arlington
    Okay, thanks. I am willing to pay if it fits into my budget...thank you. I'm currently waiting to hear back from a friend about these and there consistency over the years. I think he's had about four of them.

14. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    Ok, tomorrow I will get a shipping quote and get back with you. Thanks

15. Tinman Funk

Tinman Funk

Nov 8, 2016
    Arlington
    Okay, thanks.

16. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    Structurally the bass appears to be solid with no issues. It belonged to Ronnie James from Little Charlie and the Nightcats & The Fabulous Thunderbirds, he used it on a couple of tours then put it in the case for a number of years. I used it all last summer in my touring band with no problems.

17. Tinman Funk

Tinman Funk

Nov 8, 2016
    Arlington
    That sounds great. I did some shows with one of my old bands and Little Charlie in the late 90's. Do you know if it has that factory set up or if it's had a nice setup from a good luthier? Also, it looks like there is some Velcro or something like that at the tailpiece...can you tell me what that is being used for? I did hear back from my friend and said that the earlier models resonate better because thinner woods were used on the body. He's owned a 2001 and a 2002 and has played the newer models as well. He said he didn't like the newer ones nearly as much because the thicker body wood choked out the sound. Thanks again.

18. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    The Velcro is some kind of mute that seems to serve no purpose. As far as setup, it could use one, Ronnie never had it setup so the action is rather high for me. I put Innovation black nylons on the E&A and the D&G are some kind fake gut like nylons which actually sound pretty good for what I do. The pickup is a K&K bass max as the original Realist died a slow death and was intermittent.

19. RW Grigsby

Dec 26, 2014
    Shipping via FedEx will be around $140, they will ship it in the flight case. Greyhound may be cheaper but they want it boxed. So, there ya' go.

20. Tinman Funk

Tinman Funk

Nov 8, 2016
    Arlington
    Okay, the shipping sounds reasonable. I'm going to run it by the warden...thanks.