Emotion/Feel

Discussion in 'Ask Anthony Wellington [archive]' started by joedecenso, Jul 7, 2011.

1. joedecenso

joedecenso

May 9, 2011
    Going back to the groove workshop again, I have another question. When I was watching the emotion/feel segment victor did a little demo. He was playing harmonics and he said "when that gets too much, and the audience is getting a little restless" he played a fill using the slap thumb and pluck technique and said "that brings them right back in" My question is how do you know when to time a fill or how do you know when to change the emotion so that the audience isn't getting restless? If you were writting a song in regular form (intro, verse, chorus) when and where would you do as victor did when writting in simple song form? I know that victor always stresses "don't think about it". Is it something you have to listen and feel for?

Thanks.

2. Ant Wellington

Ant Wellington

Jan 4, 2011
    Maryland
    I prefer to not respond for Victor. But I think he was referring to live performances, not a recorded song. It's easy to tell when I live audience is getting restless,...they get loud and unruly.

-aw

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021