1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani Performance series cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Askia, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Askia

Askia

Feb 24, 2006
    Hello, can tell the opinions about the Epifani PS cabs, the 1x12, 1x15, 2x10? About sound, live use, efficiency, how are they in stand alone use, why have you moved from another brand to these, or why you moved from these cabs to another, etc., I'm interested in every opinion!
    Thanx! :bassist:

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    well,

if you like a more articulate "rock" sound in your 4x10, these are great cabs that'll go toe to toe with many others out there.

the line shares that lower mid bump and goose which give them a fuller fatter feel, but then is coupled with that sweet yet articulate epifani airyness up top. just makes for a smooth kick in the pants.

compared to most other "rock" like cabs, the performance's tweeters arent as harsh or as edgy as the eden xst line. and the lower mid bump on the performance is smoother and easier than the furry sounds of the eden. against the aguilar gs410, the performance 4x10 has a bit more midrange suck and feels a touch deeper. also, again, the epifani's upper end is more sweetened and relaxed. almost glossy smooth vs. the more airy nature of the aguilar. and of course, vs. an ampeg 410hlf, the lower mids arent as congested feeling, and the whole overall sound isnt as muddy with the performance line.

the only downside at least for me is the weight, but that's only cause i've been completely spoiled by the "ultralight" series. but the performance weigh just as much as most other steel framed ceramic driver based cabs out there.

also, the 1x12's are easily the punchiest 12" cabs you'll ever use. just face kicking. they have a lower mid peak that you'd more likely hear in a 10" speaker than a 12", which for my ears, tend to be smoother sounding. fun little cab that for the likes of me, i dunno why they arent as popular around here.

3. Askia

Askia

Feb 24, 2006
    Thank you for the reply, I would really look forward for such comments! How you like them in band, live situation?

4. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    Shhhhhh! You're going to drive the prices up!

5. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    jokerjkny's comment about them being the punchiest 12" cabs you'll ever use is very interesting. You think if more people could hear Epifani cabs in person, they would buy them over Aguilar, Mesa, etc.? I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I'm really interested in hearing them myself.