1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone bridge help...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by slipknotmaggot3, Jul 10, 2014.

1. slipknotmaggot3

slipknotmaggot3

Feb 23, 2014
    Florida
    I have an Epi Thunderbird Classic Pro and I wanted to replace the bridge with a Hipshot SuperTone bridge. My question is since they say the bridge is for Gibson's, will my bass be able to accept it? I only ask because I know the Epiphones tend to have slightly different specs than their Gibson brother's. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Link to the product: http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=264

2. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Yes it will. They send two sets of bolts with it, metric and sae. Be sure to shim it properly so you do not pull the studs out.

3. slipknotmaggot3

slipknotmaggot3

Feb 23, 2014
    Florida
    Awesome, thanks!

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    The bridge needs to float on the bushings. Use thin washers if you have to. You should be able to slide a piece of paper under it.

5. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Don't know if it helps but I installed that bridge on my Epiphone Jack Casady and it fit fine.

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

If you doubt, call Hipshot. They are perfectly willing to answer questions.

7. Sorry, a little late here. I used nylon washers on mine (after I super glued the ferrules) they're a little thicker than steel washers and won't rattle with any vibration. Really seems to be a perfect fit.