1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Equalizer not working in 400+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bunyo, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Ok on last show i blew a main fuse in my MB400+. I changed it now the amp is working, but when i press graphic eualizer on the amp is silent. I didn't have time to check it but i suppose that there is another fuse inside amp for equalizer that i need to change.
    Is that correct???

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Time to take it in to see the good amp doctor.

3. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Anybody can give more concrete answer???

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, an amp tech will give you a solid answer.

5. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I dont wany to pay a tech for just a fuse exchange. Dont have time nor money for that.

6. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    No there is no other fuse inside.

The fuse blows for a reason, and it's usually because of a bad output tube or a short. It's time to take it to a tech.

7. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    It blowed a fuse when i connected it to crappy ashdown cab. Usually I play with it through two 1x15 MB RR, but this time I had no place in car and used Ashdown 8x10 crap and it blowed.

8. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Something easy you could try is plugging/unplugging a guitar cord into the EQ foot pedal jack a few times. Its a long shot but maybe the EQ jacks contacts are hung up and causing this.

9. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    You know when I hitted the guitar the master vol was set on 8 and the volumes were at 5. It was dark and the bassis form previous band changed settings on knobs and I didnt realized it at first. I think that ashdown couldnt stand it and thats why fuse blew out.

10. As you have been advised, if the main power fuse blew there is a problem with your amp. It has nothing to do with what speaker cabinet you were using when the fuse blew. The EQ section is, IIRC, a SS unit. You amp NEEDS to be checked out by a tech and that has nothing to do with whether you have the time or the money.

11. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah seriously, the cab, the amps settings, all that stuff- moot. You have a really nice amp, it needs to be looked over by a pro and made right. Anything else will most likely just cause further damage. Take it in.

12. Bunyo

Bunyo

Jan 6, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Ok, it looks I really have to go to an amp doc. Thanks a lot guys.