Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eric clapton's bassist at 'live at royal albert hall'

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by steviecsg, Apr 23, 2004.

1. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    i have this single which features clapton playing 'white room' live at the royal albert hall.

what caught my attention most was the nifty bass lines that utilised a great deal of the fretboard, with great hooks and interesting embellishments.

does anyone know the bassist who played at that particular show with clapton? it seems if it was a 5 or 6 string bass

2. Probably Nathan East......

3. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002

or maybe dave bronze. i know he recorded and toured with eric as well

4. there was an Eric Clapton show at the Royal Albert Hall on TV a few years ago and the bassist was Dave Bronze- he used a few different basses- including a Sadowsky 5 and an old P bass, I think a Status or two as well.
    not sure if it's the same show though.

5. TravellinMan

TravellinMan

Jan 11, 2003
    NW Indiana
    Is that the one w/ SHeryl Crow on it?

Take care
    TM

6. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    no it is not, its quite an old recording, i think in the 80s when eric still sported shoulder length hair and a beard.

7. ArnoldoAC

ArnoldoAC

Aug 23, 2003
    London

Live at Royal Albert HAll, about 13 or 14 years ago. He had various bands. In the white room was played by Nathan East, on a 6 string Yamaha Trb bass.

8. supermonkey

supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Yup. Nathan East.

9. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Richard Cousins also played on the blues nite at Royal Albert Hall.
    Use to play bass with Robert Cray.