Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Esh Various..!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, May 31, 2004.

1. So scanning ebay.co.uk i noticed this...a V nice Esh Various with a Single KA MM Pickup in it...finished with a burl maple top... 3 piece maple neck and rosewood fingerboard and esh's electronics....

Looks very nice..and ive searched on here and found a few good reviews...so0o wot do u peeps reckon :)

Here's the add

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=3727454458&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

[​IMG]

Its had a lil bit of a knock but nothing that really matters :)..I am wanting that MM sound in my collection but cant afford a real MM and i do have problems with their necks...i dunno why...hehe i am weird

:)

Cheers

2. looks very nice:)

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Looks muy nice.

4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    bass player mag gave the esh various they tested a very favorable review... it looks very nice to me as well, but i've never played one

5. Jazzguy

Jazzguy Banned

May 3, 2004
    I love the look of those basses!!!!!!

6. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    a friend of mine had a 5 string, very much like that with blue leds which was once owned by martin sims. great bass, well built nice sound, well balanced. cant go to far wrong in my opinion.

7. Mara

Mara

Jan 11, 2001
    Finland
    I've got one. Nice to play but them electronics are pretty noisy on my specimen. Hot pots and lot of hiss. Maybe I've got a monday-version or something. I love it though so I'm having the electronics swapped for EMG.

-M