1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ESP Vintage-4 P/J Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by cuth, Aug 29, 2018.

1. cuth

cuth Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Price:
    $850
    Strings:
    Somewhat rare ESP Vintage-4 in Vintage White. MIJ. I had a custom tortoise shell pick guard put on and added Dunlop strap locks and will include all original parts (or switch it back to stock) if it sells. Originally purchased here on TB and used minimally. A solid and great sounding bass that. HAs a bit of a funky factory relic job which take a bit to get used to. Excellent condition and comes with a ESP hard shell case. One latch broken but the other 3 hold it solidly. There are a few threads and reviews kicking around on the web and TB if you search.

• Bolt-On Construction
    • 8.8 lbs
    • 34" Scale
    • Alder Body
    • 1 Pc. Maple Neck
    • 42 mm Bone Nut
    • Thin U Neck Contour
    • 21 XJ Frets
    • Chrome Hardware
    • Gotoh Tuners
    • Gotoh Bridge
    • Seymour Duncan Basslines SBJ-2 and SPB-2
    • Finish: Distressed Vintage White

It's a wonderful bass but I am not using it and would like to pass it on to someone who will give it better use. I'd rather sell but open to trades for another 4 string bass - preferably I'd be interested in a P bass with a thinner J neck but I'm open to anything.
    $850 plus shipping. Shipping will be actual cost (UPS or FEDEX Ground) and I will get a quote if shipping is necessary. Probably somewhere between $50-$100.

IMG_1358.jpg IMG_0910.JPG IMG_0887.JPG IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0912.JPG IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0914.JPG

R&B, Bugeyed Earl, Federighi and 2 others like this.
  2. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Everything I’ve read on these is great, I think the negative stuff was about the lower end version, NICE never seen it in white..GLWYS!!

3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Beautiful bass. The Hardware looks amazing and very high quality. Especially those Gotoh tuners.

4. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    These are esily as good as ESP’s legendary 400 Series basses.

5. I want I want I want

6. Great basses. See my avatar. I need a white one but timing seems to always be bad when they come up for sale. Anyone considering, don’t hesitate.

cuth likes this.
  7. Brian Crawford

Brian Crawford

Aug 9, 2009
    Nap_town
    Oh I'm on this if I can sell my schecter solo platinum ii or chris garza 7 string.

8. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    Great basses - I have a tobacco one, and one like this. Can't go wrong. Great weight too.

9. blepp

blepp Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Orlando
    Is the neck like a "baseball bat", like a Fender Steve Harris?

10. cuth

cuth Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I’m not really familiar with the Steve Harris neck. Personally I like slimmer necks. I love the neck on my CIJ Geddy Lee. The ESP neck is slim but not as slim as the Geddy. It’s certainly not as thick as some of the P-Basses I’ve played so I’d say it sits somewhat in between. Hope that makes sense and maybe someone else who owns one can chime in.

TN WOODMAN likes this.
  11. Accurate description of the necks on these. I find them quite comfortable.

12. Uncle_Arkansas

Uncle_Arkansas

Oct 14, 2017
    Kansas
    Would you be into a Japanese made Fender Marcus Miller Four in natural?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021