1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eumir Deodato?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassyBill, Dec 19, 2006.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Anyone else here into this guy's stuff? I'm listening to one of his albums a lot at that moment, rediscovered if you like after not playing it much for a while - "Preludes and Rhapsodies" (originally released as two separate LPs in the 70's, then they came out on a single CD years later).

Awesome piano player, great big band funky/latin arrangements, and some top session guys including Stan Clarke on bass on some tracks.

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I love his version of the 2001 theme. Great groove! Unfortunately, that's the only tune of his that I've got.

3. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I've known Deo since I was a kid. Great player, great arranger. Check out "Super Strut". Great P-bass tone. Don't know who's playing bass on the cut, though.

4. studentaccount1

studentaccount1

Nov 14, 2006
    I have one of his albums. Pretty good stuff.

5. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    That's a GREAT track! The bass players credited on the album are Stanley Clarke and John Giulino, and it could be either; IIRC this would be before Stan got into his Alembics and his RTF period.