1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ever GAS for an elusive or unknown bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by infamusblkdeath, Jan 17, 2019.

1. For whatever reason lately, I've been gassing over vintage style P basses/clones. 58' Road worn precision, ESP/LTD vintage four/204, vintage Greco and tokai P clones (the fact that I can't for the life of me figure out which ones are medium/short scale keeps me from pulling a trigger there though).

One last bass of the bunch remains so incredibly elusive however.. And it drives me kinda nuts! Never seen even one here on TB, or even mentioned for that matter. Searches on TB turn up nothing, and just a minimal few, vaguely related pages might pop up with a google search.

Without further a due, the Westbury series 300 bass:
    download (1).

There is one tiny paragraph on a bare-bones Westbury website providing what little info that probably ever existed on the internet. They were made for only 3 years (1979-81), so that explains the elusiveness (plus Westbury being obscure enough as it is). If anyone happens to be interested enough to wanna check it out, here is said website on the series 300: Series 300 Bass

For the record, I didn't really have any set motive with this thread rather. Just came to vent, share, and see if you guys ever found yourself in a similar boat when gassing for a bass. Lastly if you might wonder "Why lust over some random, obscure and likely moderate at best quality P clone?". I probably wouldn't know it existed if it weren't for one of my favorite bands and biggest influences, Swans. One appears to have been used off and on during their many incarnations since their formation in the early 80's.

rs-196931-swans-cbgb-22.04.83-pc-Catherine-Ceresole.
    crop_IMG_1358-1024x541.