1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Experience with Mackie PPM1008?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by hrodbert696, Feb 27, 2013.

1. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey y'all,

Our band's PA has been held together by the drummer with the proverbial piano wire and chewing gum, and today the BL sent around an announcement that he's purchased a Mackie PPM1008 to replace it (keeping the same speakers). It's sort of fait accompli, and not costing ME anything, but I'm wondering what to expect from it. The reviews on Musician's Friend are horrible and I haven't seen any ringing endorsements on TB. I'm actually pretty surprised because MF is where he bought it, but he's an impulsive type and I'm wondering if a salesman talked him into it over the phone.

So what have people's experiences been with this unit? Good, bad, awful?

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

bump? anyone?

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I've not heard good reviews on it. Most say it's not a reliable unit. It's older brother (PPM-808S) was a way better and more reliable unit. Not sure why they just couldn't improve on that one. Tell him to take it back and pickup a Yamaha. Much more reliable.