1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

experiences with Boss Bass Overdrive pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TerrorRhythm, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Ok so I'm still on my quest to find suitable bass distortion, and the MT-2 from boss is the wrong pedal. I also have a zoom 607 bass processor but it is very weak and I lose tremendous amounts of volume when using it.

So I tried the Boss Bass Overdrive at guitar center the other day out of my same rig (acoustic b200h and 410/115 cabs) and another stingray. It was a used pedal, so maybe it was broken, because it sounded like the same amount of overdrive I get from turning my volume up all the way and toying with the gain plugged directly in to the amp. Which was not much at all.

So my question now is, was this pedal broken? Does anyone else use one and have a noticeable amount of overdrive? I'm not even kidding when I say it was barely more noticeable than turning my gain up.

2. It's a distortion, not an overdrive (despite what they label it). It was broken (or had a power issue, bad battery, etc), because a proper ODB-3 should give you tons of dirt and output. Try another. I have one and I like it, but prepare yourself for a thousand posts of "It's crap." :)

Give other dirt boxes a chance too, as there are so, so many flavours to choose from.

3. Thanks for the input