1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Expression Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chief redcok, Jul 23, 2012.

1. So I am looking for an Expression Pedal for my Moog MF101.. what would be my best bet?

Please.. Not the ep-2 the fact that its controlled by a string really makes me not want to buy it, let alone many saying how bad it is..

But so far been looking at the Boss fv-500L

But let me know your opinions!

Thanks

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    There is nothing wrong with the EP-2 except the hinge tends to wear out/get loose in time. Using a string to turn the pot is by far the most common method, also employed by the incredibly reliable Ernie Ball volume pedals, etc.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 or try a Roland EV-5

4. All these suggestions are very nice and helpful but my question, essentially, is which one is best for the MF101 besides the ep-2, Im looking at the ernie ball and the roland and they both look great

5. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    ^ why don't you talk to that there Jeff Moote about getting a modded EB Volume pedal for expression use....DUN DUN DUN.

6. Rawrrbass

Rawrrbass

Mar 19, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I've never had any problems with my EP2. It works quite well actually.

7. Fine, maybe I might try the ep-2 and like it, I just dont know much about thess volume/expression pedals.. lots of em look like crap build

8. these*

9. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    If you are familiar with the EB volume pedals and like the feel (many do, they're very solid) they can be modded for expression use (identical circuit to the EP-2, just a different feel). I am doing a bunch and offering them up, if you're interested, or you can just go for an EP-2 which is cheaper and see how you like it. They do work fine, IME.