Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

External end pin

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by ToneRanger, Oct 23, 2005.

1. My new EUB is almost complete but I need to source an end pin. It's a solid-body so I need a mounting that screws on the back like the Azola (I asked the Azolas if they'd sell me one of theirs but Jill politely declined).
    On the rough prototype I've been using I had a floor-tom leg and bracket that worked OK, but this bass is shorter and the drum legs are not long enough.
    Does anyone know where I can source a suitanle piece of hardware?

2. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I've seen rack-mounting drum hardware that resembles my Azola pin. You've have to hit a drum store and look through stuff, I imagine. What you need may not be a drum leg, but perhaps a rack bar with a crutch tip.

My friend Rob Wilson made a pin for an EUB from the twist lock mechanism from an extensible paint roller stick and some thicker wall aluminum tubing. That made me think that there are some other concentric twist-lock fittings that might work.