Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

F Bass BN5...Finally at home...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Hi guys!

That time it's good, my custom F Bass BN5 arrived home!
    I picked it next thursday at Lucky Music in Milano.
    Waited to post a review to play it and handle it a bit.
    So here it is!
    Complete pics
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The Look: that bass has a very fantastic Burl maple top, with a one piece ash body, those gives the bass a special look that is awesome, Black Line Veneer is there to complete with a classy touch...
    The headstock match the body and is very cool too. The maple leaf inlay for serial number is a good add for me!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Neck and fingerboard: Those parts are really smooth to play, very well oiled neck easy playable, you're at ease at first time you play it, that's something incredible with that bass. You're home at first time you play it, the string spacing is huge, as my four string, so you can play with a very big comfort!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sound: That F Bass preamp is the most versatile and the one that has the wider range I ever played...Incredible, to well define sounds to warm ones, with no matters...It's only about music, I consider myself as a crappy BP, but I can't make that bass sounds bad.
    You can have sounds from Metal to Jazz easily, the fact that you have three modes, passive, active single coil and active dual coil gives you many possiblities...
    You have to spend some times on the bass to find your sounds but it's well worth.
    You have a very low B, that unique growl, the trademark from F Bass, that return your brain all the times! And those very well balanced strings...The B is not eating the other strings.
    Slap sound while you play in single coil is to die for, very rich.

Playability: As I told you, your home since you get the bass, the string spacing, as a 4 string bass, allow you to do whatever you want....Slapping is easier than what I thought, as I was used of my Fender, with the pickguard, I worried about that and nothing....killer! And when you slap, you have the feeling that a TNT bar is on the fingerboard as it is very easy to slap it and obtain a killer sound...

To sum up, I love that bass, I don't regret one of the €€ I paid for it, so the sentence "you get what you paid for" takes all its sense now!
    I heard "when do you played an instrument that exceeded you expectations??" George Furlanetto, TODAY...because it rocks....

Some other pics
    [​IMG][​IMG]

If I have to work again during school holidays all the time to get it, I'll do it without problems....
    Thanks to all F Bass group for helping me for some choices! (Adrian, Andre, Gary and so on....)

Vince

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE! That is the most beautiful bass on the planet Vince. End of story. Congratulations. You are the richest man in the world! I am very happy to have you as an F Bass brother. I love mine and will ALWAYS have an F Bass. Gary

3. That's a great looking F-bass Vince, congratulations! :cool:

Spring has 'sprung' and new basses come out to play.
    I just got a new (to me) one too, nothing beats the feeling of a new bass! :)

4. you get a new F Bass??

Vince

5. No, sorry for the misunderstanding, I got a Benavente only last Wednesday... :cool:

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am happy for you Vince, enjoy and keep rockin. :hyper: :bassist:

7. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Anybody else have your mouth hangng open drooling on the keyboard over that F Bass? It SICK. Congrats. Now here's my address..........
    (Gary its all your fault)

8. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    SEXAY! And that backdrop of similar warm colors on the first 2 pics brings out TEH SEXAY even more. Congrats!

9. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    WOW, awesome looking F Bass you have there Vince!

Congrats! :bassist:

10. Wow that's very good too...:cool:

11. The first two pics shows the real color of the bass....
    Thanks

Vince

12. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    simply amazing, i might have to look at a fretless 6 from them in the future

Candaian pride!

13. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    Vince- great pics.....amazing bass.......another on my list of fav. Fs!

M

14. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Vince, you know im' loving it!!!!... The most beautiful F' to this dato!!! Congratulations! Im really happy for you man! Nothing beats the "new-bass"-feeling! :hyper:

15. Wow!! Beautiful bass, Vince!!

16. JOME77

JOME77

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Great looking bass! Easily the best looking F Bass I've seen! :hyper: Congrats!

17. Congrats!!! That is a flawless example of why I believe George Furlanetto makes the finest basses in existence. F basses are truly the pinnacle of the craft and the evolution of the bass guitar.

Cheers,
    Bassjones
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/bassjonesmusic.htm

18. So you got it!!!:D
    I'm sure you've spend as much time staring at her than playing her!!!
    In a few monthes it'll be the same, this babe is too pretty!
    Congratulations, Vince! you have one of the sexiest bass on earth, man!

Je suis jaloux, jaloux... jaloux, jaloux!:spit:

:D

19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nice bass, Vince.

20. Wasabi1264

Wasabi1264

Oct 3, 2004
    President: MusicDojo.com
    I agree! And mine will be here soon!

http://homepage.mac.com/lenmonster/PhotoAlbum10.html

While Vince's may be one of the nicest Fs I've seen with an exotic top, I'm also amazed at how beautiful George's basses are with just the ash/maple formula.