1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

F bass (fbass) Studio 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kokorollc, Sep 29, 2013.

1. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    I've gone back and forth on selling this bass over the last few months. Only reason I was even considering selling was that I had accumulated more instruments than I could reasonably use and I hate credit card debt. That and I also have an F bass BN4. If I didn't there's no way I'd sell this. F basses are the perfect combination of tone and playability. This one is no exception. Bass has an interesting back story as being a special order instrument for bass legend Willie Weeks. I was told by the previous owner his name is written in the neck pocket. I've never verified this. To be honest it really didn't matter to me. I mean, kind of a cool story but not the reason I bought the bass. Because of this I'm selling the bass for what any comparable F bass Studio 5 in similar condition would sell for, not as a celebrity/ bass icon owned piece. That said, if someone would like me to check this I will remove the neck and take pictures. Either way the bass is well played and has a very nice broken in feel to it. These F bass 5 necks are the best I've ever felt. Love the 1.75 nut with 19mm (3/4) spacing at the bridge. Super comfortable. I've included pics to detail the wear. Previous owner sent the bass back to George F. recently for a fret level and upgrade to latest electronics/ pickups. I did verify this with George before I purchased the bass. Please feel free to ask any questions. I've had a lot of interest in this bass the last few times I considered selling. These are pretty hard to find these days. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380474938.430688. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380474951.670141.

2. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
  3. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
  4. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
  5. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
  6. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
  7. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
  8. ElliottStrong

ElliottStrong Music City via the Motor City Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Nashville/ Detroit
    Am I missing the price?

9. jebmd

jebmd Gold Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    Lothian, Maryland
    I didn't see it either or the weight. Maybe it's the app.

10. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Yes! ...Price? ;)

11. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Oops. Sorry. $2450 shipped. I'll check the weight in a bit. Guessing 9.5 ish

12. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Just played it. Wow. Thinking.....

13. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Bumps

14. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Who wants a sweet F studio?

15. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Off to eBay. If it doesn't sell then I guess that means I should keep it. (Sweet). I can tell myself I gave it a good honest effort. :)

16. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    eBay auction is winding down. Lots of lookers. Guessing someone is gonna jump on it at the last second unless someone here wants it. Played it again today. Soooooooo good

17. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Weight is 9.1

18. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Bump for sale or pedulla mvp trade. Or smith NT

19. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Possible trade for Sadowsky metro will lee 5, Bluesman vintage P?

20. kokorollc

kokorollc

May 22, 2008
    Trades?