1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD F bass VF5-J - PRICE DROP!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GBL, Jun 16, 2018.

1. GBL

GBL

Jun 15, 2018
    Price:
    Strings:
    Beautiful F bass VF5-J for sale. I bought it directly from F bass 2 years ago from their "In stock instruments", and gigged with it a dozen times. Excellent condition - no scratches or nicks, pickguard has some slight wear. I really encourage you to look at F Bass's website for more info on this bass: VF - Vintage Series | F Bass, Inc (note that their prices are USD).

Some specs:
    - body is made from limba (unique for VF basses)
    - Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard with white binding, white dot inlays
    - Tobacco Burst with Satin sheen
    - 19mm string spacing
    - Aguilar 5J-HC pickups, 70's spacing

If you have all the black "active boost" knobs at 0 and switch between passive and active, there is no tone difference (that I can notice!). It's pretty amazing. The chrome knobs are V V T.

I don't remember the exact weight from the website, but it's nice and light... scale shows it's just under 9 lbs.

Comes with Fbass gig bag.

The only reason I'm selling is because I don't gig enough anymore, so I can't justify having this nice of a bass just sitting around.

Price does not include shippping/handling.

Attached Files:

Jabba the bass, TalHaz, jebmd and 4 others like this.
  2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Where in Ontario are you? I have one of the original VF basses. Weighs a ton. I'd have to move mine before I could consider buying. It would be interesting to compare tone.

3. GBL

GBL

Jun 15, 2018
    I actually just moved to Saskatchewan... but can ship out to Ontario if needed...

4. Shaun Gotti Calloway

Shaun Gotti Calloway

Apr 21, 2015
    Would you consider selling yours?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 5, 2021