1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Faital pro 10pr300 in swr cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mhlvanhalen88, Jul 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mhlvanhalen88

Mhlvanhalen88

Jul 27, 2016
    Hi
    I was wondering if someone here on the forum had some experience.
    With putting faital pro 10pr300 speakers in swr goliath 3 4x10 and goliath 3 jr 2x10.
    Hope you guys can help me out.

2. lima

lima

Jul 26, 2016
    For what its worth, I have replaced my speakers with Faital Pro's (the FH500's) and they are the best sounding, most durable speakers I've used. No problem with the speaker specs and cabs matching at all. (I am a fan of B&C as well)

3. Mhlvanhalen88

Mhlvanhalen88

Jul 27, 2016
    [QUOTE="lima, (I am a fan of B&C as well)[/QUOTE]
    And which B&C speakers would you recommend.
    And between those 2 which would you prefer?

4. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    That's a lot of money to spend on 4 replacement drivers when you could get a custom built cab that is designed to meet your goals for about the same.

5. You can't expect results from swaps based on anyone's favourite speaker.

I put Deltalite 2510 into a SWR jr3 and it wheezed like an asthmatic donkey. Not enough port.

I think those Faitals might be more like deltalites than either are like the originals.

6. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    FWIW, I built a cab with 2 Faital 12PR300 and it sounds amazing, but I needed pretty large ports to tune it appropriately and keep port velocity down.