Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Famous bass players

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Suckbird, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Isn't talkbass.com one of the bigger bass forums, right?
    So, do you think there's alot of famous bas players browsing and posting in this forum? I saw that tyr from borknagar was posting here so do you think people like flea, les claypool etc are here, but not here?

:D

2. Probally some do.

But i doubt highly you will "drive them out" to show their faces in this thread.

3. I'm actually Paul McCartney, Les Claypool and Geddy Lee. I don't particularly like Primus- so it's one of those weird "I love myself/I hate myself" conundrum things...

4. Ifrit84

Ifrit84 Banned

Aug 27, 2004
    London, England
    I'm feildy.

*clakyity CLACK CLACK CLACK*

5. You wish.

6. I really want to have some Aborigine "clickety clackity" conversation with you... but the novelty ran off after I read the post...

7. He shows up and posts on the bullboard every year or so, I think he reads it more often then that however.

8. i would suppose there are maybe a few big-name bass players on here, but i wouldn't count on them posting too much, i would say either
    A.) they are too busy to post here every single day
    b.) they want to talk as a knowledgable bass player, and not seen as the bass god that they are...i know i wouldn't want to always be the center of attention on tb all the time (don't lie to me...if claypool, Wooten, or hamm were on tb, everyone and thier drummer would be bombarding them with questions)
    c.) a mix of a & b

i remember the spin doctors' bassist was on here once, but he hasn't posted much (that i can remember), as he is probably busy with his bass playing...

9. Brat

Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    Or they can be here under a different name.....

10. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003

Yeah... and i'm John Lennon.

11. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    If you have a fulltime bass gig, on some level coming here must be like the busman's holiday. If you live and breathe bass playing all day, maybe you just want to spend your spare time tending flowers or playing pick-up hockey or something else. Or it's because they are practising more than the rest of us, and that's why they are pro... ;)

12. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to Bassists.

13. Well, Frode Berg was on, and he is at least one of Norways biggest bassists. At least all jazz musicians around here knows who he is.
    And you got Manring and Lawson in the question part...

14. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man as hard as it is for me to find the time to post on here i couldnt imagine someone that plays more than me doing it! lol :eyebrow:

15. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Then again you can look at it this way! If Jesus came back to earth and told people that. we would just lock him up and toss the key! lol

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Dan Glenn used to post here. He was a crowd fave! :D

17. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    what happened to jeff berlin?

:eek: :D

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm famous.

19. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm not even good enough to imagine I'm famous...or am I?

20. I am Chris Wood...

just not the one you think